The principals at Solutions Insights have helped a number of the world’s leading B2B technology and services companies strengthen their solutions business, including Avaya, Diebold, Nortel, Cisco, EMC, HP, IBM, Northrop-Grumman, SAP, and Siemens.
Sample engagements include the following:
Offering Distinction—Developing and launching new offerings
- For a leading systems integrator, assisted in redesigning processes for developing integrated horizontal/vertical solutions; determined roles and responsibilities for all business units involved in solutions development.
- For a large telecommunications equipment company, assisted the executive team in developing a strategy to move from being product- to solutions-focused, resulting in a series of new initiatives in solutions development, offer management, go-to-market approach, and sales processes and methodology.
- For an IT and networking company, worked with the top solutions executives to determine the best combination of services and products to develop into solutions that will provide a competitive advantage for the next 3-5 years.
Customer Connection—Deepening connections with customers and prospects
Sales Acceleration—Accelerating the selling process for solutions
Other Solutions—Related Experience
- Solutions Governance: For a large telecommunications and networking company, provided training, consulting, and mentoring for a newly developed Solutions Council; assisted in creating Council roles and responsibilities, building a solutions development process, and evaluating potential new solutions.
- Solutions Marketing Training: For a large IT solutions provider, designed and developed an innovative two-day solutions marketing training program for delivery in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Solutions Positioning on a Website:For a Fortune 100 company, evaluated the language and navigation structure of its solutions on the corporate website; determined that the navigation path was not intuitive enough; in addition, applied the company's solutions definition to the offerings that were found on the solutions web pages and found that nearly half of them did not qualify as true solutions; this work resulted in a significant redesign of the website architecture and a re-classification of many of the company's offerings from the Solutions to the Services section.
- The Intersection of Solutions Marketing, Strategy and Corporate Agility: Interview with Shawn Jean re the Intersection of Stragile and Solutions Marketing
- Solutions Selling: The Four Most Effective Sales Tools
- 4 Reasons why Solution Sales People Need a Different Type of Playbook
- Is Social Media Effective in Marketing Solutions?
- Solutions Marketing Trends: 5 Insights Gained from Executive Interviews
- Customer Connection
- Expert Video
- Most Recent Blogs
- Offering Distinction
- Other Solutions Issues
- Related Blog
- Sales Acceleration
- Strategic Alignment
- Success Stories
- Success Stories for Customer Connection
- Success Stories for Offering Distinction
- Success Stories for Other Solutions Issues
- Success Stories for Sales Acceleration
- Success Stories for Strategic Alignment
- Marketing Automation
- Insight Selling
- CategoryStrategic Alignment
- account management
- Developing the Accidental Account Manager
- Video in CategoryOther Solutions Issues
- new solutions development
- defining customer problem
- Solutions Insights
- Market-relevant solutions
- solutions marketing
- Social media go-to-market
- Internal Communication
- shaping criteria of purchase
- customers’ business imperatives
- Sustained success in CategorySales Acceleration
- CategorySolutions Marketing Success Stories
- New Solutions Development Process Map (insert link
- Transformation in CategorySolutions Marketing Success Stories
- responsibilities for a solutions marketer
- Other Solution Issues
- Solutions Marketing Education
- Key accounting